Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

7th Edition (40k)

Comments

• I have a job thanks... i also have a morgage!
    so i buy what i can afford and at the moment the new edition isnt it:-)
  • The amount of product needed to play increased to sell more figures.

£100 can get you a serious ancients army, or a large Wargods army (metal), or a big Bolt Action army, or a large Kings of War army. Can I get a large 40K army for £100? Instead of arguing against the evidence it's better to focus on the strong points - they make some lovely, detailed figures, offer regular new toys and have a crazy amount of rules and combos to dive into and examine.

I'll be up for some intro 7e games soon, how many points is 2 tactical squads, a land raider and a commander?
  • edited August 2014
    I would guestimate about 1000pts, the tac squads up to 250 a pop if you pimp them out, 250 for a character commander, cut back on tac squads to cheese him up along with the land raider 250 base

My problem is not knowing the base rule set for the newer edition
  • I'm tempted to get the DV set next month if I fall in love with the new rules, maybe get it anyway for the cultists and a possible 2e Chaos army.
  • 2 tacs and landraider and commander prolly less than a 1000pts, commander and land raider entirely depend on codex wargear upgrades (which army is it your playing?). I need a landraider too sad face :(
  • @Gareth - I have 3x 2000pts armies with some extras to pick n mix from as well as the latest ruleset but I've not played yet

@simon - using the vanilla SM codex, being unable to account for upgrades and weapon loadouts what you have sits at 720pts ( using the commander as a chapter master), leaving 280pts for upgrades. A quick 5 mins on Battlescribe let me make several 1000pt lists with ease.

@jim - if you've played 6th then you've pretty much played 7th. Other than the psychic phase and some much needed tweaks it's pretty much the same game.

• Well I've only had a couple of games of 6th a long while ago, so not so hot on the rules, but I could very easily throw together 1000pts of Imperial Fist (The Dad's Army of the 40k World) and would be interested in an introduction night, I'm already booked in for a 2nd Ed game tomorrow but currently no plans for next week
  • @krypter u fancy a game then man at some point. Ad prefer to play at mine tbh but can run you through the rules ect..
  • ditto on the above comment would love a game sometime next week sick of the Necron scum lolz Gaz :)
  • How many points for the 2e game tonight?
  • gonna say 1500pts, but Rich has pulled out so may be a 2v1, will beef up one side with the house Smurfs if needs be
  • On another note (Apologise for double post), seems to be enough interest, lets have a 7th ed night then next Wednesday (13th), 1000pts a head and give it a trial run, anyone who knows the rules and has the psychic cards or anything else you need who can be about to assist would be greatly appreciated.
  • Will see about getting a codex for one of my armies soon then.
  • I would be up for a game of 7th next wednesday
  • Me and Gaz got the rules down pretty much I will chat with him tonight about it. Sounds like a good plan to introduce folks to the edition, small points games can be over quite quick once u git them down too.
  • 7th is awesome... Really brings everything together. I don't mind forking out for new models/codex/rules it keeps the game fresh and I'm not just dusting off the same minis I've owned since the early 90's. GW is a brand and a business and at the end of the day businesses want to make money. They will make our any way they can. Bit that money made gets ploughed back into the business. The models they release are amazing. And the casting process had come along in leaps and bounds recently and it's all in house research.

Stop living in the past and embrace the now... This is the only gaming club I've been to who 90% of its 40k members refuse to play anything but 2e. Outside of the club's walls there is a massive community that plays all the latest stuff because it's where it's at. I dunno maybe it's because I've just moved back from a place where it's main hobby store was an actual GW store. Who knows.. But seriously.. Try it.. You might like it
  • So why don't you come down to the club and show us the error of our ways?
  • I still enjoy chess, it's not had any new releases for quite a while ;)

I see GW games getting played less often in the wider community. Attendance has fallen in many 40K tournaments, and several GCN clubs which were once 40K clubs now play a spread of games.
    For 7th ed to become popular at club more 7e players need to come play.
  • Ahhh chess the game to thank for all the wargames we have now :)

On another note me and Gareth are always on for 7th ed so if peeps wanna play arrange it :)
  • I'm sure I've seen chess being played at the club.
    Black should be getting a new codex soon, and about time, they've had nothing new for like 600 years. White's been lording it up for too long, what with the 'Always Go First' special rule cheese...
  • I'm happy with White, Although they should nerf the knights. It's OP they can move in 2 directions every turn and I see this trick used every game.
  • It's ok, you can only take 2 in an army list so it doesn't get too over-used.
  • I'll be down soon just sorting shifts with the new job and getting things squared away with my daughter. Also still painting and building my army list.
    7th is definitely my favorite version to date though
  • Hi everyone, I went to gaming night last night for the first time and met some great people. Thank you for making me welcome. I have lived in the area for a year and I'm hoping to find anyone who would join me in a game of 40k. I have a partial blood angel army but unsure of the points cost and I have less than 2500 points of guard. I also a set of blast templates and markers of both Apocalypse and standard. I hope that someone fancies a game. NB I struggle a bit with my written English and in the interests of people understanding me I have help so please be patient if I don't immediately respond, I will get back to you though. ;)
  • I think there will be a bunch of us playing 7th ed 40k next wednesday.I will be bringing my guard.You are welcome to join inand I am sure you will get a game.
  • yeah next wed everyone bring 40k :-) ill bring my crons. was thinking if we coukd get enough peps playing we could startva league
  • Which Wednesday, the 3rd or the 10th?
  • My codexes are no longer current so guess thats me out... unless someone wants to lend me an ork or wolves one?