Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Crusade of Fire - warhammer 40k

edited May 2013 in Wargames
Soooo GW are releasing this little puppy:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440160a&prodId=prod1780018a&_requestid=2330507.

Odds are i'll get a copy myself but in my opinion, this is the sort of thing I think the club could do with. Given the number of 40k players at the club i'd wager that this would go down a treat.

Comments

• Paying £25 for a white dwarf.......... lol

Yeah it would be cool though to buy for the club.

Carry on....
    James
  • I'm fairly confused. Why do you feel its a white dwarf?

I own the blood in the badlands campaign, and its clearly taken someone a couple of months of work to assemble. I assume this will be the same.
  • I agree this is something that will be used many times by the club. James i don't think it's a white dwarf ;)

• edited November 2012
    Well all it is, is a few extra rules and battle reports.....
     Could of easily gone in a white dwarf *Cough* death world rules *Cough*
  • i see what you mean. Hopefully this campaign will be a bit more in depth than death worlds. Not that i didn't like the rules for death worlds; i thought they were great fun and would love to play a game with 'em!
  • Compared to Armadeddon and 13th Crusade books i just see it as a bit poor thats all. just my opinion i suppose
    =)

• There is a definate whiff of WD about it, but it seems to be somewhat more substantial than something they could just throw into an issue.

The 13th crusade was a background book from what i can tell and not really an expansion or addon to the game so you can't really compare the two.
    Armageddon however was a 'true' expansion but has less than half the pages and really just introduced a few army lists and gave some background fluff to fight over.

I guess the only way we'll really find out what it's like,  is when it goes live and people start posting feedback about it.
  • WHAT!!!11!!! 13th Crusade changed every thing. It had rules for loads of different armies (tratior guard, Black guardian armies etc) so it was an addon to the game, it also changed the fluff with Cadia still in Chaos hands to this date! Abaddon is still Lovin Cadian women and scaring Children until GW realised that they have shot themselves in the foot and ruined thier best selling Imperial guard models!

Armageddon was an awesome expansion too it had loads of WD addons with different Scenarios, army lists and background!

We will see if it's any good in a couple of weeks!

Rant over! =)

James
  • I must have read a different 13th crusade to you then ( and there was one that was a lmited run, no idea which i read though), but all it contained was the usual background material with some additional fluff and various gubbins added in. Nothing about rules, missions or armies in it.
  • edited November 2012
    It had the army list for the 13th space wolves great company in it too! the book was called Codex eye of terror

Malchom you young wippersnapper!

James

• I remember eye of terror and armageddon as atrocities with horribly unballanced armies :)  (Except lost and damned, who were amazing, but denied their own book because they existed in a supplement, which is bad in itself.) They join codex craftworld in my list of things I hope never happen again.

This is a CAMPAIGN, not a set of variant army lists. (For which you needed to own at least one, often two, codexs).

Anyway, if you want to see if its good, come ask me when its out. I'll have my copy on my desk 2 days before release, because I love these sorts of book.