Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

tables

edited October 2013 in General
is there going to be enough tables tonight?

Comments

• Hope so. That's the trouble when I can't get there early. Still, Wednesday is usually quieter than Monday. We plan to get more, but was kinda expecting all the building work to have started by now.
  • what kind of building work? i may be able to help
  • The bar is about to be remodelled- they are adding a few metres to the back, putting in another floor, and adding a stage. We will be able to store all our stuff under it when it's built, which is what we did at the last venue. We've been putting off lots of things until it's complete, but I think there have been planning delays.
  • There does seem to be a bit of a table/board shortage?
    The table I ended up using on monday was set up but when I asked numerous members if it was still in use I was told it wasnt so I set up.
    sorry if that was for you guys:(
  • Simon and I have agreed that with the recent influx of new people, we are going to buy some more tables on Saturday. (And this time, they shall get bought.)
  • but recently didnt a club member mentions that new tables may be required and for that he got blasted?
    doesnt seem fair?
  • I have apologised for that and after recent discussion we decided that over the past couple of weeks we have gained a few people and we know a couple more people are coming who want to tabletop so we have decided to get some more.
  • While I'm happy the club is getting tables I can't say I'm happy about having to virtually excommunicate myself from the club in order for the stance on it to be suddenly reversed days later.
    It shouldn't have been necessary in the first place.

I'm not looking for apologies being capable of dealing with the fallout from my actions ( even the snide comments and backstabbing at the club - you know who you are) but after all the grief I've put up with it's not unreasonable to expect me to be somewhat P*#£%*d off.

In summary, yay table space but :( the crap that had to be kicked up to get them.
  • are we getting boards to play on or tables to actually put the boards on?
    there is a shortage of bigish tables and putting 2 small round tables together isnt verY stable:)
  • like thw ones that were at the old vic, but more foldy?
  • We are purchasing both tables and boards, with the aim for the club to provide a total of five 6x4 "gaming tables" with a view to re-examine the situation in a few months. The delay has been a mixture of researching options, negotiating with the landlord re: space/shared ownership, and the committee lacking steam over the past 2 months.

It should be noted that most clubs just supply wooden tabletops and our 2x2 boards offer a premium gaming experience - something we intend to maintain.

Malcolm: Don't consider yourself an outsider, the club needs more members to communicate their views, and in general would benefit from more members taking a bigger interest and engaging more.

Committee elections are due in Feb but that stops no-one from dedicating their free time now to help improve the club.