Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Warmachine rules

edited September 2013 in General
A question for you warmachine players.Can you cast the same upkeep spell on different models i.e cast snipe an a charger then cast the same snipe again spell on a defender?I checked out the rulebook but it does'nt seem clear,well not to me anyway.

Comments

• It's under Upkeep spells ( pg61 for mini hordes book, 58 for mini warmachine book)

'A model can only have one instance of each upkeep spell in play at any time'

So, while you can cast the spell multiple times (assuming you can afford the focus/fury cost), it can only ever affect 1 model/unit at a time, thus in your example, after casting snipe on the defender, it would instantly drop from the charger.

• Cheers for that Wookie was right.
  • What can do,is "upkeep" the spell in the maintenance/control phase

In your example,

Begin a turn upkeeping snipe on the charger. Then activate the charger before your caster and he can benefit from the spell. Then activate your caster and cast the snipe onto the defender. Then activate the defender and he can benefit from the snipe. As soon as you cast snipe on the defender, snipe expires from the charger as Malcom pointed out.

Hope that made sense!