Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Top 6 worst GW models

SimSim
edited September 2013 in Wargames
Since the big reveal of the new toy marines I thought about previous figures which didn't meet the usually high standards set by the design team. I'm sure there are others more worthy which I've forgotten about but here is my own quick list. Make your own list if you like.

And so it begins....

#6 High Elf Flying Chariot

As a sculpt, or rather two, this piece has great detail. As a concept a flying boat with optional bolt thrower is laughable. How does it fire with an eagle in the way? One poor shot and they go splat on the ground. Also how does it land? This is a poor way to spice up a boring army.

#5 Dark Angel Flying Barge

Since the first landspeeder model, GW have chosen to beef up its size and armour with each release. This relentless march has led us to this behemoth. Is it a gun platform? Is it a mobile church for marines to affirm their faith? Why does it pointlessly break symmetry? It's got more engines than a Storm Talon! Swop the turbojet engines for wheels and this might look less of a mess.

#4 Chaos Dwarfs

These guys used to be everywhere - throughout the dark lands, on the oceans with mighty warmachine vessels, even in 40K as Chaos Squats. They also moved on to the Bloodbowl pitch. Of course, they didn't forget to bring their rediculous hats. I get it GW. You wanted a faction with an Assyrian theme. Hats on everything! Characters, foot troops, lets stick them on bull centaurs too! How big? Bigger than blunderbusses! The gamers will love it....

#3 Dark Elf Harpies

Did the artists not know what a harpy should look like? Unlikely, as they had a photo of a Marauder Harpy figure in the 4th ed Bestiary. So we must conclude they decided to shy away from topless ladies. With an opportunity to sculpt something original we end up with - gargoyles. These must be the least attractive harpies ever sculpted. Thankfully GW have since re-embraced a darker theme for Warhammer.

#2 Poor mans Thunderhawk

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? I think it's a tank with a tail fin. Anyone who doubts its similarity to a marine tank need only see this. A raven is an agile bird, with a tail. This aerial freak looks the exact opposite. I understand the Marine style is chunky and boxed. You can work with that. Chapterhouse produced a nice fix conversion kit to make this look less stupid. Why couldn't it be like that from the shop?

#1 Centurions

Anyone who has ever played Space Hulk will know how slow Terminators move. Indeed, it's a common complaint about the latest Space Hulk video game. These guys make tactical dreadnaught armour look like swimmers trunks. With their mega drills and super bolters, is it time to retire Terminators from their endless quest to purge Hulks of genestealers? Under slung weaponry looks cool and all, but wouldn't it be better to be shoulder mounted? Have you noticed how close together their feet (power shoes!?) are? I don't know, maybe this kit will sell great. Still looks fugly though.

And thats my list! What's missing?

Comments