Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Warmachine and Hordes

edited August 2013 in Wargames
If anybody is up for it, I've had a bit of a brain storm and need a couple of players to help test and refine the idea into something workable.
The quick version of it is to change the structure of the round from two player taking turns to complete all their actions, to alternating phases, player one does their movement, then player two does theirs, then player one does their combat actions followed by player two.
Just a rough idea at the mo, but one with potential to make the game a bit more forgiving and fun too.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I'll elaborate later ( if i remember) but at a glance, based on how warmachines/hordes works ( relatively short ranges, lots of synergy and reliance on other factors) - this won't work, here's how i see the average game will play:

player 1 moves into striking range
    player2 moves out of player 1's range
    player 1 - no combat actions
    player 2 no combat actions
    new turn
    rinse and repeat...

Hardly a white knuckle experience, even throwing in objectives wouldn't fix it. Even altering it to alternative activations on a unit by unit basis would break the game enough to make it unplayable and unejoyable imo.
    Basically try playing warmachine with Malifaux rules and see what happens...
  • Never played Malifaux, any good?
    The thought I had in mind was the turn structure used in Armies of Arcana, or the old Epic, like the armies are moving at the same time and make the game feel a bit more realistic.. or as realistic as steampunk elves and trolls get...
    Not saying things won't need tweeking, it is only a rough idea at the mo.