Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

for the commite in ref to massing complanies on cards

edited July 2013 in General
i no it's not long been since a club meeting was done but the argueing over card game and trounment need's to be address because poeple i think are geting anone by lack of commuitcation between the different area's will suggest this at club on wed if we don't get this sort i think card gamer's will either sotp comeing or become a sup group aging as this is not wanted i think we need to have some sort of meeting on this point as most card player turn up on mondays that would be the prefer night for this and people are saying that table top game's are geting more event's than card's i know this not to be the case all though it dose seem it when looking in form the outside but this aging is due to people not communitcaing and aging for people across the board i don't think table top game have had a trouny as yet at the new venue

Comments

• In the last 18months I can only recall the 40k Kill team tournament and Battle on the beach ( if that was club funded).
    Pretty sure there's been more CCG events than that and any lack of events is purely down to those in charge of organizing it.
    I suppose you could include the recent warmachine night which was arranged by a member ( much like the running AoA campaign) without committee aid and had absolutely zero prizes as it was more an intro night than an actual event.

Most of the arguing i've heard whilst attending the club equates to little more than 'XYZ should get more cash because more people play it', which when your part of a club, is quite frankly a ridiculous stance to take, more so when you note that alot of people play more than one system.
  • This is why I have always been an advocate of providing tables and scenery and nothing more. Once the club has that, (and it must be close by now?) dropping subs, and doing a yearly collection for bills would make much more sense I think.
  • As I said to the card players at the last meeting its up to you to tell us what you want you have to talk to us we can't read minds.
  • as i said above i know events are been organizes but card player as you say ian aren't telling the club other than each other form my veiw we needed another meeting or an informal one for peole to just get thing's out in the open because ryan only plays two of the four big card games which is ok and lee plays the other two which aging is ok but lee dosen't seem to be doing any trouney and i don't think it's fare on ry to be left to run the tourney for a game he dosen't know how to play.

like i said ian i argee with your veiw but for what ever reason the majory of card player just sit in there correner and plie all there complaine on to ry
  • I like how no one complaines when john makes the exact same point as lee... But lee gets butchered for it.

Bias against card gamers maybe...
  • With the odd exception (like yourself) John only ever plays ccg's at the club so your logic is flawed.
  • In the politest possible way:

Willis - Shut up.

Malcolm - Also Shut up.

Arguing like this doesn't help anyone. Voice your opinions on the subject politely and calmly. Stick to the topic of WHY things should/shouldnt change. Not "who is wrong." Antagonising each other just means neither of you will LISTEN to the debate at hand.

More directly: Malcolm is not directing bias to the CCG players. He is however loud and scot-ish. (See. I got it right for you Malcolm.) He will state his views bluntly. (Like I often do.) Take it with a pinch of salt Willis.

As for Malcolm... I should tell you to be less abrasive in your posts. I'm not allowed to though. I behave in exactly the same way. Somone more rational will be in to tell you it in a moment...