Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

WW2 gaming/rules of engagement/bolt action

edited June 2013 in Wargames
I have tried in the past to get into WW2 gaming but got side tracked. After looking on warlord games website I have decided to give it another go. Have we got any players at club?
I picked up rules of engagent and quite like the rules. Played bolt action and enjoyed that so was just wondered if there are other players willing to give it a go at the club before I invest anymore money into an army?

Comments

• I have a german and american force which can be used for bolt action or rules of engagement.I am up for a game probably next wednesday.
  • I only have a small group of british infantryso far and am still plowing throught he rulebook for RoE. I havent got the bolt action book yet as I was seeing if it was worth it depending on how many players are wanting to give it a go.
    Cant do wednesday due to wok but am around on monday if you want to talk about getting a game together?
    There are some awesome miniatures around at a good price, i just didnt want to invest anymore if I was gonna struggle to find anyone to play with
  • I've often been tempted,but don't want to be stuck with stuff nobody plays. I've got my Epic,Necromunda and 2nd ed armies for that:-)
  • Maybe we could start a following the the club, I know james has some armies as he showed me how to play bolt action.
    I just fancied a change and the rules seem pretty fast and fun. I will have a look at wartorn at the weekend and see whats about?
    Dont think its too expensive to get a small army together, have seem starter boxes fro around 25-30 quid:)
  • It would make a good new project. Don't know any of the different rules systems though. If I get the go ahead for the Warlord Games Day trip I might pick up something there. Soviets would be my preference,Comrade.
  • The shop stocks the range of bolt action, and could do you a good deal on warlords minis if you're interested.

We also have about 5 people about with 28mm WW2 armies.
  • cheers john if i am going to go with starting a WW2 force I will be paying you a visit and you can talk me through which to pick up.
  • I have a fair amount in 6mm.