Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Comments

• that looks absolutely kickass!
  • I didn't think they'd get one tbh. Glad I was wrong:-)
  • Who called it? :)

And are the multi-kit jetbikes spoiled yet?
  • edited May 2013
    Tom called it :p

There are pic's of jet bikes and one of the flyers but suck so I didn't bother. Also Elder are getting not only a Codex but also a set of expansion rules for specific craft worlds. I don't know how many but 1 (Iyanden) will be released with the first wave (8th iirc).
  • Actually, John called it. Another large based kit with a tiny head... Looks pretty sweet though :-)
  • Ooo the new codex art is LUSH! Excited!
  • Also their flyer looks wierdly dark Eldar like, lot's of straight edges.
  • I think my third guess was plastic wraithguard/wraith-sword kit.

Any news on that one? :)
  • edited May 2013
    They are in wave one but have been known about for months, like the plastic farseer.
    There's also a spirit seer, outcast character, repackaged Dire Avenger squad(down to 5per box) and flyers to look forward to.
    The price on the Wraithknight is going to be around the £80-90 mark....
  • edited May 2013
    Wow. That's getting a bit ridiculous now... I've seen that picture showing how big it is compare to the Riptide, but does it really need to be that big?! Make it smaller, no-one will care too much! I know I always say GW is a business and they're trying to make money and that makes sense because it's what businesses tend to do but... £80/90 for one model that isn't FW (as FW is overpriced enough as it is!) It just boils the blood. Everyone who plays Eldar will want one but most will not be able to afford. They might be shooting themselves in the foot here as people might end up making there own conversions on the cheap or just waiting for people to sell online for less.
  • Firstly George. I think most *will* be able to afford. The average "hobbyist" has a good disposable income. (look at fishing rods for a great example).

Realisticly though, its will they *want* to pay for it.

At the £89-90, its going to be a minority. I'm suspicious of the claim though, as for the high elf wave, they reduced the cost of large kits, due to feedback on previous pricepoints.
  • I think the average hobbyist does have some disposable income, but if they could to buy one model at that cost, why wouldn't they all buy FW models at around that price? I don't know many at our club that would put all of that money into one model, there are a few don't get me wrong, but I would say Majority don't realistically have the funds.
  • We'll just have to wait and see but as it stands expect to pay roughly the same for 5dire avengers as the current box of 10(?) is sold for.
  • Checked the prices on the US site, which are lower than reported and which bring things more in line with current ranges but I guess we'll have to wait and see really.
  • "our club" is not representative of the majority of wargamers. Plenty of people will but the new super wraithlord. As for GW catching up with FW prices, you're right, but so what? Why is that a bad thing? Also, can some please explain why nobody bashes Forge World pricing? It's been higher than GW since forever but no one seems to mind. Bring in a shiny piece from Forge World and everyone is all "ooooo, I wish I had one" but from GW it's always "how much was that then?". when you consider the different manufacturing processes that each company uses (i.e. FW use dirt cheap resign poured into a mold, and GW use the best injection molding and most expensive in the entire industry) isn't that a little odd? I guess it's because GW put out the core range of products for a given game system and FW produce "extras". Sure GW make a lot of profit from each kit they sell, but FW must make even more? Given how much cheaper it is to manufacture one of their products? Maybe that isn't the case, but I don't see GW exceeding FW as anything more than common sense.

Also, and I like saying this at every new release price whining competition, If you don't like it, the best thing you can do is go and learn another game. It's called free market competitive and it's the only way GW will ever lower their prices. Until they have to compete for their market share, they will charge whatever they want. There are games out their that are cheaper, and in many ways better. Warmahordes has a superb range of miniatures, requires smaller armies and has a fantastic set of rules. Armies Arcane and Infinity publish their rules for free online, infinity requires fewer figures and you use any models you like for AA. Malifaux is another game system that requires fewer figures and I'm just naming the games I'm familiar with.

Point is, stop giving buying their stuff if you don't like it. Personally, I will be getting the new Eldar book, but I won't be getting that wraithlord on steroids because like the last few batches fr 40k of releases I don't like the direction they are taking. Just like my Chaos army has none of the new kits, I doubt my eldar will have many (certainly not the ones that I have seen so far). GW are loosing their edge on 40k if you ask me. The tiny Tau flyer, the Helldrake's, all wings no tale styling, the Dino bot, the croissant flyer. Warhammer Fantasy on the other hand seems to be going from strength to strength and I'm going to stop typing and carry on painting up my high elves.

• edited May 2013
    I agree that GW aren't doing anything wrong and you're probably right our club doesn't count for everyone but it's a shame that the prices are reaching that much. I think that everyone has there own opinion on the matter and I'm only moaning because soon the price range will be too high for me to buy new models, which bothers me because it's a game I enjoy playing a lot. I think it's fair for me to say that because it's how I feel? And as for FW I think it's far too overpriced! Yes they're shiny but they're too expensive, hence why I think this model is too expensive as well, it doesn't seem worth the money (to me).

I don't know why you're saying stop buying their stuff id you don't like it? I do like their stuff and I enjoy playing there games, I'm just saying that it's moving out of price range for some is all, nothing about not liking the game or the company.

I like the flyer and the sniper guy, they look cool. The new pose for the Farseer is quite nice and I think the Wraithblades will have interesting rules but I don't like the look of them too much. I do like the wraithknight a lot but for me It'll probably have to be a xmas present or something like that.

On a different note, do you want a game of fantasy on Wednesday Tom? I'm happy to play either WArhammer Fantasy or Armies of Arcana, I can write a list up for either.
    Here is the Army list for High elves for AoA:
    http://www.armiesofarcana.com/armylists/High_Elves.pdf

(It's free to download off their website so I feel no shame in posting it on here)
  • Oh my god. I even guessed the name right for Wraithblades.

Either I'm amazing, or GW is predictable...

I'm amazing... right?
  • Urgh, GW. What are you doing to my beloved Eldar...
  • Forge World. Forge world now how to make a flyer Games Workshop. Forge World.
  • On the bright side. The book should be good at least. Phil Kelly wrote it and all the 6th ed codex's have been really nice to look at and well balanced :-) Be nice to finally have some plastic Wraithguard. They should become cheaper too. They used to be £8.00 each, so a box of 5 at anything less than £40 will be saving. The giant Wraithlord isn't hideous, it just isn't sleek enough for Eldar IMO. Still, I can't get over how bad GW are making flyers. The Valkyrie is straight from FW and apart from that Orks and Dark Eldar were the only two races to get a nice kit. I imagine a lot of people will use the Dark Eldar flyer. It's not even more spiky or anything...
  • edited May 2013
    I have to sell 20 wraithguard, and buy probably... 30 new ones >.> *cry*

Also, the tau flyer is nice!

And I like the marine ones too. (though the generic marine one needs a lighter stand, it looks odd on the fat one.)
  • If I don't, GW-police rappel down the walls of my home, dive through the windows, and beat me with socks filled with lead minis...
  • haha!

Having looked through the new White Dwarf I can safely say that the new models look quite a lot better in there than they do in the leeked pictures. Noteably the Wraithknight is actualy quite a lot more sleek when the under belly and out plating is painted in different colours. Also the flyer can be built in 2 different ways, one of which doesn't have the massive fins and therefore looks a lot less... Well, you know. Well worth a look if you are considering buying any of the mini's. Alos, Wraithguard are £30 for a box of 5 and YES dire avengers are now down to boxes of 10 and YES the Wraithknight costs £70. But it's huge. Like, the biggest thing in GW's line. Bigger than a Monolith. Did I mention that it's huge?
  • Is it taller than a Mumakil with its war harness?
  • Supposed to be 9" tall iirc, slightly smaller than a 40k Revenant Titan.
  • Bigger than a mumak yes. Not as long, but much taller
  • We'll find out when I get one, you know I can't resist big stomp robot types.