Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Plastic Thunderhawk??

edited May 2013 in Wargames
Supposedly from the pages of White Dwarf:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6wIeHKDB1zY/UVWdM6ku_pI/AAAAAAAAVfI/KoPniee23VU/s1600/Thunderhawk.jpg

April fools joke or confirmation at last, you decide.

Comments

• That would be nice but it'd be damned expensive. I think I would have to get one at some point...
  • Looks legit. Reminds me of the Baneblade release, probably Apocalypse only and a similar sort of price. Would tie in with Apocolypse 2.0 being released and I've always loved the thunderhawk! Here's hoping... I can see myself claiming one for the dark Gods...
  • And similar sort of price, I mean cheaper than the Forge World kit in the same way that the Baneblade was/is.

That said the Baneblade was released for about half of FW price if I remember rightly, which would still put the Thunderhawk at £200... I think they might make it slightly smaller and charge £120ish... But who knows?
  • Can they resist putting an AV 14 flyer with multiple squad and vehicle transport into the basic game, that is the question :P
  • edited April 2013
    Surely not just an AV 14 with 3/4 hull points. It'll be an apocalypse plastic that GW will make like they do the baneblade and the Ork Stompa. It's far too big and special to just be a flying land raider. The caestus already holds that title.

However, latest sources (from yesterday) on Faeit 212 have stated that GW will not be making a plastic thunderhawk just yet. Apparently they doubt the profit margins would be enough to make it a viable product for them to sell.

This, of course does not mean that they will never do one (or mean that this source is correct), after a bit more market research i think that they will find plenty of buyers of the largest space marine ship at a lot less money than in currently costs.
  • I think if they made it smaller it would sell. The baneblade has been quite successful. If it was a similar size and cost I think it could work... But the current Thunderhawk is huge and there's not really any getting a away from that...
  • I think they need similar sized vehicles for other races before introducing the great beast.
    That said, there is a growing group of gamers who prefer epic sized battles - and Apoc is the pie that feeds this hungry niche. Since wargame competition has never been so fierce, why not profit from the wealthy fanboys.
  • I think it would sell well simply because it's been on almost every 40k players wish list since the first metal one was released. Rules and game system wouldn't be a major deciding factor for a large chunk of these people.

Also other armies do have things of similar size, the Tau and Elder for example both have flyers of comparable size and power.
  • I have the new white dwarf and the picture IS in there!
  • I think it's to do with the rumored new edition of Apocalypse myself, guess we'll find out next month.
  • They are apparently bringing out Apocalypse 6th edition. I agree with Malcom, it has to be to do with that.