Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

solo gaming or solo rules variants

edited February 2013 in General
As I can't bet to the club twice a week as much as I like due to work commitments. I find myself having some down time when I want to do some gaming so I am looking for recommendations on good solo games to pick up, in particular solo versions of table top gaming rules for me to mess about with?

Comments

• My goto solo play games are things like the Ravenloft board game, which is like Hero quest but can be played alone as there's no GM - the enemy have a set of clearly defined actions that don't alter regardless of the number of players. Example :

monster will move and attack the nearest visible player, if no player is visible or in range then monster will advance towards the nearest player.

There's a host of games with this kind of gameplay - John at space myth might be able to help and as always Google is your friend.

Upon saying that - there's a lot to be said for sitting around with 2 small armies for your chosen tabletop wargame and having mock battles on your own to help nail the rules. Sure it seems a bit sad but we're geeks, we do lots of stuff people consider sad :)
  • Let us know when your down time is. James and John both have tables at their shops, I'm sure I could get down there now and then.
  • Indeed :) Tables are free to use, 6 days a week. (Mondays, It will cost you £20, because I'm not open, and thats my fee for sitting about looking grumpy while you play a game :P)

I also open late on wednesdays and fridays.
  • cheers for the advice, my down time just after work in the evenings when I have an hour or 2 to mess about with a bit of gaming so not sure if its suitable to drag folk out for that amount of time?
    I am getting inot the fantasy setting thanks to chris so am downloading free fantasy rules off the net and trying to have a solo mock battle.
    Battlecry fantasy and fantasy warriors are my current trials.
    However would line to get down to space myth and give their tables a whirl at some point